Relevant knowledge of material and fixation of frozen meat slicer
1. Small tissue fixation method: This is a commonly used method. The small tissue removed from the animal by the frozen meat slicer must be immediately placed in a liquid fixative for fixation. Usually, the ratio of specimen to fixative is 1: 4～20;
2. Steam fixation method: For relatively small and thick specimens, osmium acid or formaldehyde vapor fixation method can be used. For blood smears, osmium acid or formaldehyde vapor should be used to fix the blood before drying;
3. When using a frozen meat slicer for slicing, our commonly used fixatives are 10% formaldehyde fixative and 95% ethanol fixative;
4. Injection and perfusion fixation method: some tissue blocks are too large or the fixative is difficult to penetrate into the interior, or the entire organ or the entire animal body needs to be fixed;
5. Adopt injection fixation or perfusion fixation method to inject the fixative into the blood vessel and reach the whole tissue and the whole body through the branch of the blood vessel, so as to obtain sufficient fixation.
To sum up, the selection and fixation of frozen meat slicers need to follow certain requirements. Different parts have different requirements. Different fixing methods require different materials and natural advantages. Similarly, according to the type of material and the thickness of the frozen meat to be cut, the material can be taken and fixed.