Lamb slicer sharpening steps
1. Put the sharpener on a rough surface, on the test bench so that it will not move during sharpening.
2. Drop a small amount of dilute lubricating oil or liquid paraffin in the center of the grindstone surface and spread it evenly to increase the friction density.
3. Install the handle and clip of the mutton slicer on the slicing knife with the blade forward, flat on the grindstone, and the heel of the knife is roughly in the center of the grindstone.
4. When grinding, the fingers should be kept in the correct position so that the force is even and easy to slide. Hold the handle of the knife with the right hand and the shell of the knife with the left hand. The knife end of the lower corner is pushed forward obliquely toward the upper left corner of the grindstone to the heel of the knife, and the knife edge is turned from above; the knife holder cannot be separated from the stone when it is flipped, and the knife edge is facing the sharpener at this time. Move the knife laterally so that the blade of the heel is centered on the front end of the grindstone, then pull it back diagonally. At this time, the blade is turned upside down and the knife is moved laterally so that the slicing knife is in the original position on the grinding surface. In this way, there are eight movements every time it is completed, and the slicing knife should be in full contact with the grinding stone, and it should be repeated. When sharpening, press the entire blade evenly with the left and right hands, avoid tilting, and prevent greasy fingers from slipping away from the blade surface.
5. The above process continues until the notch is removed. For the slicing knife with large damage, two kinds of grinding stones must be used. Grind the large gap on the coarse grinding stone, and then sharpen it on the fine grinding stone. The forward-thrusting knife sharpening method has faster friction and higher efficiency. It only takes about 20 minutes for a dull slicing knife to sharpen. Then you can prepare the knives.